Blue Door Studio’s Plan for Following COVID-19 Guidelines
We are committed to keeping everyone safe and keeping our creative environment as clean and virus free as possible, and asking for your help to do so! Here at Blue Door Studio, the health and safety of our customers and staff are priority amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
We would also like to remind you of the steps that we can all take to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- We have cleaned and disinfected the studio thoroughly, and we will continue to clean all high-touch trafficked surfaces such as tables, chairs, counter tops with antibacterial wipes and sprays
- Cleaning protocols throughout the day and the end of the day have been incorporated throughout the three studio spaces and bathrooms assigned to specific groups
- All of our classes and camps will now operate with reduced capacities with new space layouts to better accommodate social distancing
- We have trained our staff on new and current cleaning protocols and they are screened for symptoms before and during each shift
- Social Distancing Requirements: We will be practicing forms of social distancing with our stable groups of students. We rearranged our schedule to stagger class start times and we have decreased class and camp size. We have three entrances to manage our groups of students in a cohesive manner
- Drop-off and Pick-up Protocols: Students will be dropped off and picked up from studio classes curbside. Instructors will complete verbal screenings and temperature readings at cars and walk students to studio classes and camps. At dismissal time, students will be brought to their car by instructors. We are not allowing the use of our waiting area by families
- Symptomatic Child Protocols: We will have an “Isolation Room” if a child or adult appears ill with symptoms relating to COVID-19 st the studio. If feasible, the ill person will be asked to wear a mask while waiting for an adult to promptly and quickly pick the child up. Most importantly, we ask students to stay home if showing any signs or symptoms of illness. We will try our best to accommodate a make up schedule of missed classes if this occurs
- Attestation and screening of the child’s health prior to drop off: We have the right to refuse care on the basis of symptoms related to COVID-19. We will send students home who in our professional opinion are showing symptoms of illness and will expect immediate response from family to do so
- Masks and PPE Requirements: All staff will be required to wear masks. Students above the age of 4 will be asked to wear masks when feasible. All students and campers should have masks on hand, and all parents/guardians will need to wear a mask if happening to enter the studio waiting area
- We are asking each student to bring their own art materials (listed for them per class) and belongings will be separated from others’ as necessary
- We will be holding outdoor grand finale art exhibits at the end of each week to prevent large gatherings
What you can do:
- We are asking ALL guests coming in to make art to please wash their hands with soap and water before starting the process
- Out of respect for the staff and other students, if your child is showing signs of illness (sneezing, coughing, etc.) we will ask your child to stay home or return home if we determine he/she too ill to stay at the studio for class/camp
- We will send students home who in our professional opinion are showing symptoms of illness and will expect immediate response from family to do so
- We ask that all individuals maintain a safe distance from peers and instructors
- Students above the age of 4 will be asked to wear masks. All students should have masks on hand, and all parents/guardians will need to wear a mask if entering the studio with reasonable cause to do so
- All adults must wear face coverings when entering the studio
Our first priority is keeping our staff and customers safe and well-informed while doing what we can to help minimize the potential spread of the coronavirus. Please know we have devoted significant efforts to help prevent possible adverse impacts from the coronavirus, and will continue working hard to provide the level of service you expect at our studio.
Please continue to visit our website for COVID-19 updates, as there are changes taking place weekly. Thank you for understanding.