Birthday Art Parties
Celebrate at the Blue Door Studio!
Your child will be the guest of honor! Who is their favorite artist? What is their favorite art style? What’s his or her favorite medium? Your child may choose a theme of his or her choice from our list of ART Party lessons!
Does your child have a theme in mind? We can custom design a lesson for your child based on his or her interests- sports, flowers, outer space… (please see our price list)
First, your child will be celebrated by friends as they create a collaborative birthday canvas painting special for him or her when they arrive at the studio. Then, the children will gather together and learn about the chosen artist and art project through the use of visual references. In the studio, students will create their works of art. When they are done, they will kick back and enjoy taking pictures in our artist photo booth, then it’s cake time!
ART Party Themes!
Our parties start with a color wheel lesson then move into a painting on canvas. After painting the guests have fun in our photo booth area which gives them the opportunity to pose as artists painting at an easel! Choose a theme based on the following age groups.
- Victorian Tea Sets
- Race Cars
- Eric Carle Butterflies
- Eric Carle – Moonscapes
- Rain Forest Animals
- Van Gogh Starry Nights
- Van Gogh Sunflowers
- Matisse Still Life
- Sports Figures in Action
- Georgia O’Keefe Flowers
- Hellen Galler (artist reference) Funky Dog Paintings
- Pop Art
Ages: 15 & up (*contact us to discuss choices)
- Art lesson
- Party favors for each guest (with a Blue Door Studio gift certificate)
- Painted canvas board painting (created by all the birthday party guests)
- Blue Door Studio t-shirt for the birthday boy/girl
- **Paper goods, food (please do not bring ice cream cakes), and drinks must be supplied by parent /guardian.
Party Rates and Policies:
- Parties are two hours long for groups of 10 guests or less. Cost: $275.00
- Each additional guest costs $12.50 (maximum number of guests is 20)
- Extra time following the allotted time of the party is $50 per each additional half hour
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to guarantee your party date.
- A contract must be completed by the parent/guardian and delivered to the studio, via email or postal service, 1 week prior to the party.
- Parents of the party guests attending the party are expected to wait in the designated waiting areas and will not be permitted to enter the studio when the party guests are being presented their painting lesson and while the party guests are painting.
- **All payments are due at the close of the birthday party.
- Guests will arrive, receive an apron, and begin free drawing at their seats. During this time guests will also be called to an easel one at a time to paint the birthday canvas board (guided by instructor). (20 minutes)
- PowerPoint presentation based on the chosen birthday theme with a teacher demonstration of painting project. Students will paint their projects on table top easels. (45 minutes)
- Photo booth activity in separate studio space, as food and cake are setup in the main studio space. (15 minutes)
- Food, sing Happy Birthday, cake, dismissal. (30 mins)
- Food deliveries should arrive at 1:45- 2:00pm
- We recommend if parents/guardians wish to remain at the studio during the party, that only 1 parent/guardian stays per child due to limited space. There is a front room, smaller studio space, and outdoor seating available (2 picnic tables with umbrellas- weather permitting) for the adults.
- Please let us know if you require a folding table to set up food for the adults in the waiting area. Children will be requested to eat only after their paint projects are completed.
- Thank you and feel free to contact us with additional questions!